Steve Bollar is an education expert and the Founder of Stand Tall Steve, a company that works with forward-thinking organizations to improve their culture and develop new ideas and leadership skills. Steve is a virtual and live motivational speaker, consultant, mentor, trainer, professional personality, and coach. He is the author of Stand Tall Leadership: Stand Tall to Think Differently and Lead Successfully. Steve is an Adjunct Instructor at Rutgers University, the Vice President of Elementary Education at CSMI LLC, former Superintendent of Schools, and was previously on the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Principal & Supervisor Association. He has an M.A. in Educational Leadership from The College of New Jersey and a B.S. in Education and Art from the Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
Steve joins me today to discuss education in the current COVID-19 climate. We discuss the changing situation and how this is affecting schools, children, and parents. Steve highlights the difficulties in providing virtual or hybrid learning and the implications of society’s digital divide. We discuss whether the grade or the action of learning is important, and Steve shares his results formula, which helps educators motivate students towards success. Steve also shares his favorite podcasts, books, and business apps.
“It’s not necessarily 100% about the grade… It’s about the learning.” – Steve Bollar
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How the changing situation in schools and their response to COVID-19 makes choices difficult for parents.
- The challenge of protecting children on public transport and school buses
- How schools are making virtual learning and hybrid learning work at different grade level
- Why the digital divide could widen the achievement gap
- Why it is vital to introduce change and understand the needs of children and teachers
- Why learning is just as important as the grade
- The 5 R’s of the results formula: respect, recognize, reward, reinforce, and results
- Why we need to focus on positive reinforcement
- Steve’s favorite podcast, business apps, and books
- The Speaking Show with David Newman
- Hidden Brain podcast
- EntreLeadership podcast
- The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches by Cathy Fyock and Lois Creamer
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do by Michael E. Gerber
Connect with Steve Bollar:
- Stand Tall Steve
- Stand Tall Steve on Facebook
- Stand Tall Steve on Twitter
- Stand Tall Steve on LinkedIn
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!