Susanne Mariga is a CPA, Certified Profit First Professional, Author, and Host of the Profit Talk Podcast. She has over 20 years of experience helping clients achieve long-term financial stability by leveraging tax strategies. Susanne works with MBE’s and six and seven-figure entrepreneurs to give them the tools to attain record-breaking financial independence. She uses the Profit First systems and strategies to scale businesses and help companies achieve new levels of profitability. Her book, Profit First For Minority Business Enterprises, aims to even the platform and empower the “have nots” with the secret strategies and mindsets of those that “have”.
In today’s episode, Susanne explores the most significant mistakes she sees entrepreneurs making regarding business finances. She highlights the different struggles minority enterprises have to deal with and why she chose to write her book under the Profit First brand. We discuss the definition of what a Minority Business Enterprise is and how to achieve the certification. She explains why a strong billing strategy is essential and the proper mechanisms for establishing owner’s pay. She shares what the Profit First system is and what you need to consider about EIDL loans. Susanne also reveals some tax advantages available due to the pandemic and tips for anyone struggling to pay quarterly taxes.
“As an owner, you owe it to yourself to pay yourself.” – Susanne Mariga
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- The biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make with their business finances
- The unique struggles minority enterprises face compared to others
- Why Susanne chose to write her book under the Profit First brand
- The definition of a Minority Business Enterprise and how to get this certification
- What the Profit First system is and how you can get started with it
- A suitable mechanism for paying yourself as the business owner
- Why a strong billing strategy is essential for your small business
- EIDL loans and whether you should take one or not
- Tax advantages available due to the pandemic
- Tips for saving for your quarterly taxes
- Book: Profit First: Transform Your Business From a Cash-Eating Monster By Mike Michalowicz
Connect with Susanne Mariga:
- Susanne Mariga’s Website
- Book: Profit First For Minority Business Enterprises
- Susanne Mariga on LinkedIn
- Susanne Mariga on Facebook
- Susanne Mariga on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Tightening Up Your Business Finances with Susanne Mariga appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.