Brett Cooper is an HR expert, business advisor, keynote speaker, and executive coach. Over the years, he has assisted government branches, non-profit organizations, and corporations to work together more effectively and promote working relationships. As the President and Co-Founder of Integris Performance Advisors, Brett helps clients increase employee engagement and improve business efficiency. He is also the best selling writer and co-author of Solving the People Problem, the number one book on the Entrepreneur’s 2021 Must-Read list.
Today, Brett shares his tips on supporting your employees as you steer your business through these challenging times. He explores what you can do to stay focused on helping your team and how you can help workers keep their focus. He explains what he means by “the people problem” and how you can foster empathy in the workplace and support team members to better understand each other. He highlights how you can learn to recognise how people communicate differently to make interactions more effective. He also shares his thoughts on managing employees from different generations, how you can resolve conflict, and why your emotional intelligence development is vital for your business.
“You have to worry about your people, and you’ve got to make sure that you are playing your role to enable them to do everything that they can do.” – Brett Cooper
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How to support your team while keeping your business going
- How you can stay focused to support others
- What you can do to help others stay focused on their job
- What is ‘the people problem’
- What you can do to help people appreciate differences in others and foster empathy in the workplace
- Understanding how others communicate and interact effectively with your team
- How to increase your emotional intelligence – and why you should
- What the DISC framework is and how you can use it
- Managing employees from different generations and helping the team integrate and communicate
- Resolving conflict and helping others understand cultural differences
- Why productive conflict is useful in business
- How to apply the effects of increasing your emotional intelligence to your business
Connect with Brett Cooper:
- Solving the People Problem website
- Integris Performance Advisors website
- Integris Performance Advisors on LinkedIn
- Brett Cooper on LinkedIn
- Brett Cooper on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Solving the People Problem with Brett Cooper appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.