Dorie Clark is a strategy consultant, keynote speaker, leadership expert, and executive coach. She teaches for various institutions, including Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, IE Business School (Spain), HEC-Paris, and North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler School of Business. She has received many accolades, including being named one of the Top 50 Business Thinkers in the World by Thinkers50 and one of the Top 10 Communication Professionals in the World by World Gurus. Dorie regularly contributes to top business publications and has written numerous books, including Entrepreneurial You and The Long Game.
Today, Dorie joins me to recount her journey to becoming a prominent business expert and divulge her strategies for maximizing time. She reveals why being busy is often confused with being important and why she wrote her latest book about long-term thinking. She explains why long-term thinking can be difficult in today’s short-term world and why saying “no” can be beneficial. Doris also shares what a life portfolio is, how career waves apply to business, and the “distance to empty” concept.
“The truth is things do take longer than we want, but the best things are worth working toward.” – Dorie Clark
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Dorie’s journey to becoming a leadership expert
- Why many people confuse being busy with being important
- Strategies Dorie uses to maximize her time
- Why Dorie wrote her new book on being a long-term thinker in a short-term world
- Why it can be challenging to apply long-term thinking
- How saying “no” to seemingly good opportunities can be advantageous
- When Dorie realized she couldn’t say “yes” to everything
- What a life portfolio is and why everyone needs one
- Career waves and how they apply to your business
- The “distance to empty” concept
- The Long Game Self Assessment
- Podcast: The Marketing Secrets Show
- Book: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
Connect with Dorie Clark:
- Dorie Clark’s Website
- Book: The Long Game: How to be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World
- Book: Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive
- Dorie Clark on LinkedIn
- Dorie Clark on Instagram
- Dorie Clark on Facebook
- Dorie Clark on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Long-Term Thinking in a Short-Term World with Dorie Clark appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.