Nina Kaufman is an award-winning business attorney, strategist, and the founder of The Legal Edge LLC/Business Exponential and Kaufman Law PLLC. A legal expert and Forbes-recognized influencer in the field of entrepreneurship, Nina’s expertise has appeared on news channels including MSNBC and FOX, as well as in publications including the Huffington Post, the Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, and Mashable. Nina is also an SBA Small Business Champion, a highly regarded public speaker, and the host of the Cash Out BIG Podcast.
Nina joins me today to discuss the legal and financial aspects of scaling your business and key areas where business owners should place their focus. She shares how knowing your numbers can allow you to be clearer when it comes to negotiation, growth, and overall business strategy. Nina also highlights the importance of clear documentation to refine your business practices, ensure that they are transferrable, and ultimately increase profitability.
“If you don’t know what you need to earn to be profitable, you’ve got a hobby – you don’t have a business.” – Nina Kaufman
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- The top legal mistakes people make in business and three things to look out for as a small business owner
- When the worst time to hire is and why
- How having good contracts can help you stay profitable
- Three questions to reflect on as a solo entrepreneur to scale your business
- The benefit of knowing your numbers and the importance of having a financial vision for your company
- Why it is both beneficial and necessary to craft a “playbook” for how your business runs
- How to approach legal agreements when it comes to working with freelancers and contractors
- Insights into working with investors and key factors to consider
- Nina’s favorite old-school marketing tip and why this tactic stands out
Connect with Nina Kaufman:
- Ask the Business Lawyer
- Business Exponential
- Nina Kaufman on LinkedIn
- Nina Kaufman on Twitter
- Nina Kaufman – Ask the Business Lawyer on Facebook
- Cash Out BIG Podcast
- The Entrepreneur’s Prenup Workbook by Nina Kaufman
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Know Your Numbers, Scale Your Business with Nina Kaufman appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.