Known as the Speaker Launcher, Jane Atkinson is the founder of The Wealthy Speaker School and works to elevate the public speaking platforms of highly regarded individuals such as celebrities and best-selling authors. Jane is the author of several books on public speaking, including The Wealthy Speaker 2.0, The Epic Keynote, and The Wealthy Speaker Daily Success Planner and Journal. Additionally, Jane hosts The Wealthy Speaker Podcast, where she provides valuable insights for those looking to build successful speaking businesses.
Jane joins me today to share insights on how professional speakers, both new and seasoned, can stay on track and keep their speaking platform fresh and compelling. She discusses how to effectively position yourself as a speaker, both topically and financially, as well as how speaking can be a powerful marketing tool. She shares the common stumbling blocks many public speakers experience while building their speaking platform and how your published books can work in conjunction with your public speeches. Jane also highlights different revenue models and pathways to grow your speaking brand.
“The best form of marketing is a kickass speech.” – Jane Atkinson
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to get started as a professional speaker and what it means to “pick a lane”
- The strategic steps you should take to build your speaking platform and the common stumbling blocks you may experience along the way
- How much money is fair to ask for as a professional speaker and the factors to consider
- How to approach marketing as a professional speaker
- The purpose that writing a book can serve and how your books and speeches can work together
- Different ways to expand your speaking business to monetize it and generate additional revenue
- Why you shouldn’t neglect your client database as you work to reinvent your speaking brand
- Jane’s favorite podcast, business app, and business book
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
- TripIt Pro Travel App
- Traction: Get A Grip On Your Business by Gino Wickman
Connect with Jane Atkinson:
- Jane Atkinson on Facebook
- Jane Atkinson on Twitter
- Jane Atkinson on LinkedIn
- Jane Atkinson on Instagram
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Jane Atkinson on Becoming a Wealthy Speaker appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.