Jennifer Leake is an HR expert that specializes in effective recruitment and retention of employees. She is the CEO of Assessment Pros, a company that guides business leaders to find and keep the right people. Jennifer is the creator of the GET ENGAGED People System, a blueprint that helps business owners with who and how they hire. She is passionate about helping businesses grow and become profitable by hiring the right employees and assisting people in becoming smart leaders.
Jennifer joins me today to discuss the challenges of managing employees that are working remotely and how you can help and support them. She shares her advice on how to help team members that have never worked from home before and why knowing your individual employees is essential to any management strategy. She explains the things you can do to help remote workers with the tools, communication and social interactions they may need and the software that can help you manage your team and evaluate their performance. She also shares tips on Zoom meeting etiquette and how you can manage team communication effectively.
“We don’t want to lose key talent just because of the environment around us.” – Jennifer Leake
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- The challenges of managing employees that are working remotely
- Why it’s important to know your people individually
- How to set up your remote employees for success
- How to help employees establish structure when working from home
- Why it’s essential to give remote workers all the tools they need
- Why you should have a communication plan
- How to support employees that want social interaction
- The best way to get information about your employees to understand their best work environment
- Software that can help you evaluate and manage your remote workers
- How to motivate shy employees to turn their camera on during remote meetings
- Working from home etiquette and Zoom meeting protocols that you need for success
- How to manage team communication
- Jennifer’s favorite podcast and business app
- Jennifer’s top old school marketing tip and her favorite business book
Connect with Jennifer Leake:
- Assessment Pros website
- Assessment Pros on Facebook
- Sales Hiring Straight Talk Podcast
- Jennifer Leake on LinkedIn
- Jennifer Leake on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Helping Your Remote Team Perform Better with Jennifer Leake appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.