Scott Miller is a leadership expert and host of one of the world’s biggest and fastest-growing podcasts devoted to leadership, FranklinCovey On Leadership. He started his professional career in the real estate development division of the Walt Disney Company and received a B.A. in Organizational Communication from Rollins College in 1996. Scott joined Covey Leadership Center as a Client Partner in the Education Division and is now the Executive Vice President of Thought Leadership. He works with client facilitators across various industries and countries to help them become the leader they would want to follow.
Scott joins me today to discuss how you can be a courageous leader during any difficult business period. He shares how you can stay strong and help motivate your team during the pandemic. He highlights why it’s crucial to maintain a balance between your long-term and short-term approach and why it’s OK to be vulnerable. He shares the importance of recognizing your own mess and why honest conversation is vital in your business and personal life. He also explains how you can avoid the mistakes bad bosses make and shares his own business failures and how they helped him to change his mindset over the years.
“Bad leaders can be turned into great leaders with a bit of self-awareness.” – Scott J. Miller
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How to be a courageous leader during challenging business times
- Why it’s OK to be scared and vulnerable
- How to remain resilient and keep teams motivated during the pandemic
- Why a balance of long-term and short-term thinking is essential
- How you can maintain your household while trying to manage your business
- Why it’s important to recognize and own your mess
- Why honest conversations are vital, both in your business and your personal life
- What bad bosses do and how you can avoid following in their footsteps
- Tips on improving your leadership style
- Scott’s biggest business failures and how they helped him evolve his leadership approach
- Understanding the difference between being efficient and effective
- How to avoid over-communication
- Scott’s favorite podcast, business book, and old-school marketing tip
- This is Marketing – Book by Seth Godin
- The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results – Book by Gary Kellar and Jay Papasan
- The E Myth Revisited – Book by Michael Gerber
Connect with Scott J. Miller:
- FranklinCovey on Leadership with Scott Miller Podcast
- Management Mess to Leadership Success – Book by Scott J Miller
- FranklinCovey on LinkedIn
- FranklinCovey on YouTube
- FranklinCovey on Facebook
- FranklinCovey on Twitter
- Scott J Miller on LinkedIn
- Scott J Miller on Instagram
- Scott J Miller on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: From Management Mess to Leadership Success with Scott J. Miller appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.