Kathy Svetina is a Fractional CFO and the Founder and Director of NewCastle Finance LLC. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Finance, and Accounting from DePaul University. Following a career in senior finance roles for Fortune 500 Companies, Kathy noticed that finances were a common stumbling block for many business owners. This epiphany is what led Kathy to start NewCastle Finance, where she provides powerful financial strategies for Women-Owned Small Businesses and helps make the complexities of business financing more understandable. Using the insights she gained while working for large corporations, Kathy offers customized financial planning and advice for business owners.
In today’s episode, Kathy reveals why she went from working in large corporations to become a Fractional CFO assisting small women-owned businesses. She explores what running a million-dollar business means and why having a cash-rich business bank account is not always a good thing. She shares when you should start looking to hire a CFO and how a Fractional CFO can be utilized with your company. She shares financial planning strategies for small businesses and when you need to do your tax planning. She also shares the key factors you need to consider when scaling up your business, the best time to apply for loans, and advice for any business heading to a million dollars in revenue.
“The environment is going to change, the business is going to change, and you will have to take a look at the budget and change the forecast.” – Kathy Svetina
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How Kathy became a part-time CFO working with small businesses
- What running a million-dollar business really means
- Why having too much cash in your bank account isn’t a good thing
- When you should be thinking about a CFO for your business
- What a Fractional CFO does and how you can use one in your company
- Financial Planning for small businesses and how often you should be doing it
- When you should be doing your tax planning
- Key factors entrepreneurs should focus on as the business scales
- The best time to go for bank loans or a line of credit
- Advice for any business heading towards a million dollars of revenue
- Spotlight Reporting
- Fathom Financial Reporting
- How I Built This Podcast
- Book: Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Book: Disrupt You! by Jay Samit
Connect with Kathy Svetina:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Financial Planning and Strategy with Kathy Svetina appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.