Laurel Delaney is a reputed global small business, exporting, and marketing expert with over 25 years of experience. Laurel is the founder and President of management consulting company GlobeTrade, a company dedicated to elevating international entrepreneurship, and also leads a non-profit organization called Women Entrepreneurs Grow Global. Laurel is the best-selling author of works including Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably and also founded The Global Small Business Blog. Additionally, Laurel is a speaker and educator, the creator of the Global Small Business Forum, and a World Entrepreneurship Forum board member.
Laurel joins me today to discuss exporting as a small business, how to enter into the international trade market, and how to overcome the barriers that may arise along the way. Laurel shares insights into the Chinese marketplace and doing business with Chinese consumers. She shares strategies to effectively promote and sell your products online on international platforms like Alibaba. Laurel also highlights current trends in the Chinese marketplace and resources that can help as you branch out to international markets.
“The best way to really accelerate the process is to always start off with someone that you can trust.” – Laurel Delaney
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How many small businesses in the United States export and where they tend to export to
- What many small businesses fail to recognize when it comes to exporting
- Significant barriers that businesses face when it comes to exporting and how to combat them
- How to effectively market and sell your products on platforms such as Alibaba
- Insights into engaging in international trade with the Chinese marketplace
- How language impacts communication, and whether you can do business solely in English in the Chinese marketplace
- The impact that traveling and meeting in person can have on professional partnerships
- Organizations that can aid in the process of doing business internationally
- What to consider when it comes to building brand awareness in the Chinese marketplace
Connect with Lethia Owens:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Exporting Like an Expert with Laurel Delaney appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.