Tekoa Hash is a Creative Director and Change Agent for beauty creatives. Using her 25 years of experience as a makeup artist and dot connector in the entertainment, beauty, and sports industry, she pivoted her career and became the Founding Partner of the Teknique Agency, a beauty and lifestyle talent management firm. They have worked with countless brands and media outlets including MTV, BET, VH1, Disney, Chick-Fil-A, and Walmart. Tekota has also served as the Glam Coordinator on Love & Hip Hop. Her passion is to give other artists the platform that took her many years to create by connecting them to powerhouses in the industry.
Today, Tekoa shares her journey from a top professional makeup artist to creating one of the top beauty and lifestyle talent management agencies in the business. She reveals how she works with leading artists to connect them with the right people in TV and film. She shares how the pandemic changed her business from having multiple artists working on many shows to production shutdowns and how she navigated the company through it. She shares her top suggestions for pivoting your business to the digital platform and how she took a face-to-face, hands-on business to a digital format. She also shares how you can avoid burnout, how she stays motivated, and what’s next for her company.
“It’s really, really understanding who your core audience is. Really figuring out and being really authentic with you are, not the fluff.” – Tekoa Hash
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How Tekoa went from high-end makeup artist to running one of the top beauty creative agencies in the industry
- How Tekoa’s business works to book beauty creatives in TV and film
- The effect the pandemic had on Tekoa’s business and how she navigated through it
- Top suggestions for embracing a digital pivot for your business
- How to avoid burnout
- What keeps Tekoa motivated and inspired
- What’s next for the Teknique Agency
Connect with Tekoa Hash:
- The Teknique Group
- The Teknique Group on LinkedIn
- The Teknique Group on Instagram
- The Teknique Group on Facebook
- The Teknique Group on Twitter
- Tekoa Hash on LinkedIn
- Tekoa Hash on Instagram
- Tekoa Hash on Facebook
- Tekoa Hash on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Embracing the Digital Pivot with Tekoa Hash appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.