Gleb Tsipursky, Ph.D., known as the Disaster Avoidance Expert, is a thought leader, cognitive neuroscientist, coach, public speaker, consultant, and the CEO of Disaster Avoidance Experts, LLC. Gleb uses his insights and expertise in behavioral economics and neuroscience to help business leaders improve their judgment to make better decisions and ultimately avoid disaster. He is the author of several books, including Never Go With Your Gut, The Blindspots Between Us, The Truth Seeker’s Handbook, and Resilience: Adapt and Plan for the New Abnormal of the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Additionally, Glen is a professional speaker and has presented to audiences in North America, Europe, and Australia. His work has been featured in national publications including Inc. and Time Magazine.
Gleb joins me today to share where so many business leaders go wrong when it comes to making decisions for their business. He highlights five questions to ask yourself to avoid “decision disasters” and the role of cognitive biases when it comes to making business decisions. Gleb also discusses whether trusting your gut instinct is truly the right move, what the SWOT analysis is, and where people often go wrong when it comes to the SWOT analysis.
“Often the things that are comfortable to us are the worst things for us.” – Gleb Tsipursky
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why you shouldn’t trust your gut when it comes to making decisions as a business leader
- Why half of all small businesses fail within the first five years
- When you should – and shouldn’t – trust your gut instincts
- Five questions to ask yourself to avoid “decision disasters”
- Why it is essential to look at what is uncomfortable, not just what is comfortable
- How judgment errors and cognitive biases impact decision making
- The SWOT analysis and how it provides “false comfort”
- How to be aware of your cognitive biases when making business decisions
- You Are Not So Smart Podcast
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Connect with Gleb Tsipursky:
- Disaster Avoidance Experts
- Gleb Tsipursky on Facebook
- Gleb Tsipursky on Twitter
- Gleb Tsipursky on LinkedIn
- Gleb Tsipursky on Instagram
- Gleb Tsipursky on YouTube
- Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters by Gleb Tsipursky, PhD
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Avoid Decision Disasters with Gleb Tsipursky appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.