Join your hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean as they work through the Hiring Process with a new employee for one of Dave’s small businesses, Backbeat Media. We will discuss attracting talent by using LinkedIn Jobs, vetting prospective candidates, and tips and techniques for holding interviews. We also learn about the extremely effective concept of a “paid audition” for new prospects and much more. Listen in and then share your own hiring tips at the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #320 for Wednesday, March 24, 2021
- 00:01:42 The Hiring Process
- Identifying the things you’re bad at, and bringing someone in
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn posts – 5 candidates
- $133 on LinkedIn Jobs – 70 candidates
- Questionnaire. Describe history. Salary requirements.
Zoom is GREAT. 20 minutes isn’t an insult.
- Interview Evaluation Sheet
- What is the most important thing I should remember about you?
- Daily processing
- Zoom is GREAT. 20 minutes isn’t an insult.
- 00:14:49 SPONSOR: Uber for Business is offering companies a $50 voucher credit when you spend your first $200 with vouchers. Go to Uber.com/sbs to learn more
00:17:04 Paid Audition
- Can they do the work but, more importantly, can we work together?
- Do they communicate?
- What soft skills do they have?
- Confirm skills.
- Talk salaries, benefits. Make sure it’s a fit. Hedge your bets towards a “yes” from your first choice.
- Find out what they geek out about. We’re all geeks!
- What are you a nerd about?
- Important: sort out if they’re a team fit. It’s OK to expand the definition of your team, but KNOW that will happen.
Selecting a candidate.
- Idea: Internship program to road-test people
- Offer letter: 90 days mutual evaluation/introductory period
The post The Hiring Process: Attracting, Vetting and Interviewing – Small Business Show 320 appeared first on The Small Business Show.