We live in a digital world and our devices hold critical data for our businesses and personal lives. What strategies are you putting into place to protect your data for yourself, your Small Business and your team? Joining your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton this week is Brian Gill, data recovery and ransomware expert to discuss ways to protect yourself and what to do if you find yourself in a data crisis. We also get a glimpse into the history of Gillware and how Brian has created a successful IT business that thousands of customers rely on
Enjoy the show and then join us at The Small Business Support Group to ask your questions.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #269 for Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- 00:01:11 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS to start with a $20 credit.
- Brian Gill from Gillware Data Recovery and Tetra Defense
- “I never wanted to be in a commodity-type business.”
- Tech Advice for your business
- Disable Remote Desktop or Add a Firewall
- Automated Backups (including something offline/air-gapped)
- Need to have a real firewall (separate from your operating system, Fortinet, Sonicwall, Cisco)
- Don’t re-use passwords or simple things as passwords
- YubiKey (or 1Password, or Lastpass)
- Add Cyber-insurance for ransomware and more
- Social-engineering training for your staff
- Get a Managed Service Provider – Timeshare an IT guy
- When selling, be ready for involved due-diligence
- Making the family vs. business decision
- Brian Gill on LinkedIn
- SBS 269
- Mistakes: The Foundation of Your Small Business
The post Brian Gill – Gillware Data Recovery – Small Business Show Episode 269 appeared first on The Small Business Show.